University Entrance - what do you need?
University Entrance is the minimum requirement to go to an NZ University. To qualify you must have achieved:
- NCEA Level 3 AND
- 14 credits at Level 3 or above in each of 3 approved subjects (see the list of approved subjects below), AND
- 10 literacy credits (5 reading and 5 writing) from a list of approved standards at Level 2 or above.
Approved Subjects for University Entrance offered at Nelson College for Girls
- Business Studies
- Classical Studies
- Design (Practical Art)
- Design and Visual Communication (Graphics)
- Digital Technologies
- Earth and Space Science
- Food and Life Studies (Home Economics)
- Health Education
- History of Art
- Media Studies
- Music Studies
- Painting (Practical Art)
- Photography (Practical Art)
- Physical Education
- Printmaking (Practical Art)
- Sculpture (Practical Art)
- Te Reo Māori
Each University also has its own entry requirements. It would be advisable to contact the specific University or check their website for up-to-date entry information.
For example, the University of Auckland has an additional literacy requirement. Applicants must have gained a minimum of 17 credits in English at Level 2 and/or 3.